In today’s digital world, where consumers are bombarded by hundreds, if not thousands, of ads every single day, traditional methods of attracting travelers to your hotel are less effective than they used to be. Offering an exceptional guest experience, often by tailoring products and services to each guest’s unique interests, is the way forward — and this kind of personalization can only be accomplished by harnessing the power of data. We’ve rounded up some facts and statistics that will help you understand why personalization is so important.
- Poor data quality, inability to link different technologies, and lack of relevant technology are the top three barriers for customer personalization. (Source: Marketing Charts)
- Seventy-five (75) percent of consumers are more likely to buy from brands that recognize them by name, recommends services based on past purchases, and knows their purchase history. (Source: Accenture)
- More than three-quarters of consumers have recommended or paid more for a brand that that provides personalized services. (Source: Forrester via Customer Communication Insights)
- Seventy-six (76) percent of marketers know they need to rely more on data if they want to succeed. (Source: Adobe)
- Sixty-nine (69) percent of marketers say using “hyper-personalization” to provide the right services at the right time will be key to success. (Source: Adobe)
- In exchange for their personal data, 64 percent of consumers want access to exclusive deals, 61 percent expect a one-time discount, and 61 percent would like to receive special offers. (Source: Accenture)
- Hotel guests are receptive to personalization. More than 70 percent of hotel guests report having positive experiences with personalization. (Source: IBM)
- Fifty-eight (58) percent of travelers aged 55 and older don’t mind when hotels use their personal information to offer them relevant deals, discounts, and loyalty points. (Source: Skift)
- Personalized emails improve conversion rates by 10 percent. (Source: Aberdeen)
What are your personalization strategies? Let us know in the comments, or on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram.