HITEC 2017 is finally almost here, and we couldn’t be more excited that it’s being held in Toronto, Canada’s largest city and the provincial capital of Ontario. We have a special relationship with Canada, and we know there’s so much to love about the Great White North — which is why we created a guide to Toronto that’s free for everyone attending HITEC! Grab your digital copy here.
Highlights From Our Guide
Our digital booklet, A Hospitality Professional’s Guide to Toronto, is packed with free attractions, historic museums, award-winning restaurants, and hip bars that you can discover when you have a few spare minutes in Toronto. Here’s a taste of what we’ve put together:
- Distillery Historic District: Formerly the Gooderham and Worts Distillery complex, this pedestrian-friendly neighbourhood retains vestiges of its mid-19th century charm. It’s now home to shops, cafes, galleries, and more. Better yet, it’ll cost you nothing to wander its streets. Located at Mill Street between Parliament and Cherry Streets.
- Casa Loma: Built in 1911 by a successful financier, Casa Loma looms over Toronto like a castle of yore. Its 98 rooms include a swimming pool, a conservatory, and a bowling lane. During World War II, researchers worked on U-boat detection technology in the 4,000-square-foot coach house. Located at 1 Austin Terrace.
- Jackpot Chicken Rice: Hainanese chicken rice — essentially, tender chicken meat served over schmaltz-fried rice — is the crowning jewel at this restaurant in Toronto’s Chinatown neighbourhood. Vibrant murals and multi-coloured colander lampshades create a playful atmosphere. Located at 318 Spadina Avenue.
- Bar Raval: One of Toronto’s most beautiful bars invokes the architecture of Gaudi and the spirit of Barcelona. It boasts an array of signature cocktails and a menu of tapas, baked goods, and preserved meats. Located at 505 College Street.
With its keynotes, HITEC highlights the broader tech issues that impact the hospitality industry. This year, you can expect to hear about everything from automation to cyber security.
- Dave Berkus: An entrepreneur, prolific angel investor, and the founder of Berkonomics.com, Berkus draws on his vast knowledge of business to answer the question: Will Tech Kill Your Job? Monday, June 26, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Alex Tapscott: Tapscott is the founder and CEO of Northwest Passage Ventures and a passionate advocate for innovation. His keynote, Blockchain Revolution, delves into the possibilities offered by emerging technologies such as large data sets and digital currencies. Tuesday, June 27, 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
- Kevin Rosen and Robert Villanueva: Rosen, a lawyer who focuses on cyber security and privacy, and Villanueva, the executive vice president of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Division at Q6 Cyber, address issues surrounding cyber security in the hospitality industry. Thursday, June 29, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m.
The Exhibition Floor
This year, HITEC hosts more than 350 exhibitors. We’ll be on the floor to give live demos of our industry-leading guest engagement solution, so make sure you stop us to say hi (you’ll be able to identify us by our white shirts with Benbria Loop logos). You can also find us at one of our partner boots:
- Verizon (Booth 101): Verizon operates America’s most reliable wireless network. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.
- Mitel (Booth 2507): A global market leader in enterprise communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate, and provide innovative services to their customers.
- Knowcross (Booth 2515): Knowcross Solutions develops cutting edge mobility and workflow products for the hospitality industry. TRITON, the flagship product of Knowcross Solutions, has been helping luxury hotels to augment service standards and deliver unparalleled guest experiences.
- Digital Alchemy (Booth 1440): Digital Alchemy is the leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and email marketing solutions that increase revenue. Since it was founded in 1999, Digital Alchemy has pioneered virtually every email-based concept used in the hospitality industry.
If you’d like to secure a meeting with us and one of our vendors, you can make an appointment here on our website. Spaces are filling up fast, so don’t miss your chance!