Toronto, the vibrant and diverse capital of Ontario, Canada, offers an array of exciting attractions and culinary experiences that cater to all tastes and preferences. From its iconic skyline to its rich cultural scene, Toronto has something for everyone. In this blog post, we’ll explore 15 things to do in Toronto, including seven fantastic restaurants, must-visit attractions, and unique activities that will make your visit unforgettable.
- CN Tower: No visit to Toronto is complete without a trip to the iconic CN Tower. Soar to the top of this world-famous landmark for panoramic views of the city and Lake Ontario. If you’re feeling adventurous, try the EdgeWalk, where you can walk on the outside of the tower’s main pod.
- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM): Dive into the world of art, culture, and history at the ROM. With an extensive collection of artifacts and exhibits spanning everything from ancient civilizations to modern art, this museum is a treasure trove for history buffs and art enthusiasts.
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO): For art lovers, the AGO is a must-visit. It features an impressive collection of Canadian and European art, including works by renowned artists like the Group of Seven and Picasso.
- Distillery Historic District: Step back in time as you wander through the cobblestone streets of the Distillery Historic District. This charming area is home to art galleries, boutiques, and numerous cafes and restaurants. It’s a fantastic spot for shopping and dining.
- Harbourfront Centre: Embrace Toronto’s lakeside beauty by visiting the Harbourfront Centre. You can enjoy various cultural events, art exhibitions, and outdoor activities, or simply take a leisurely walk along the picturesque waterfront.
- Toronto Islands: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city by taking a short ferry ride to the Toronto Islands. Here, you can explore nature, rent a bike, go kayaking, or just relax on the beautiful beaches.
- Casa Loma: Discover a taste of European grandeur in the heart of Toronto at Casa Loma. This historic castle features stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and unique rooms to explore. It’s a great spot for history and architecture enthusiasts.
- Canoe Restaurant: Located on the 54th floor of the TD Bank Tower, Canoe offers exquisite Canadian cuisine with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy breathtaking views of the city skyline while savoring dishes like the roasted Ontario lamb.
- Kensington Market: This eclectic neighbourhood is a food lover’s paradise, with an array of international cuisines. Explore various food stalls and small restaurants offering everything from tacos and empanadas to vegan delights.
- St. Lawrence Market: A food market with a rich history, St. Lawrence Market is the perfect place to sample local delicacies. Try the famous peameal bacon sandwich at Carousel Bakery, or explore artisanal cheese, seafood, and more.
- Lee Restaurant: Celebrity chef Susur Lee’s restaurant, Lee, is a fusion of Asian and French cuisines. The menu features innovative dishes like the Singapore Slaw and Szechuan stir-fried eggplant.
- The Drake Hotel: Not just a hotel, The Drake is a cultural hub featuring an artsy vibe and a rooftop patio with stunning views. Enjoy brunch, dinner, or drinks in a trendy atmosphere.
- Sassafraz: Located in the heart of Yorkville, Sassafraz is an upscale restaurant with a beautiful patio. Indulge in contemporary Canadian cuisine while people-watching in this fashionable neighborhood.
- Oyster Boy: Seafood lovers will appreciate Oyster Boy, a cozy spot with a focus on fresh oysters and seafood. Try their daily selection of oysters paired with a glass of wine or a craft beer.
Other Interesting Activities:
- Catch a Leafs Game: Watch one of the original 6 NHL teams take on the Buffalo Sabres (Saturday, November 4th), or the 2 time Stanley Cup Champions the Tampa Bay Lightning (Monday, November 6th) or their rival the Ottawa Senators! Get into the true Canadian spirit and cheer on the Toronto Maple Leafs!
- Graffiti Alley: If you’re a fan of street art, head to Graffiti Alley, located in the Queen Street West neighborhood. This ever-changing outdoor gallery features stunning murals and graffiti by local artists.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: Dive into the underwater world at Ripley’s Aquarium, where you can walk through underwater tunnels and get up close with marine life, including sharks and rays.
- High Park: Enjoy the beauty of nature in High Park, a large green space in the city. Visit the gorgeous gardens, go for a jog, or have a picnic in this urban oasis.
- Hockey Hall of Fame: For sports enthusiasts, a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame is a must. Explore the history of Canada’s favorite pastime and see memorabilia from hockey legends.
- Bata Shoe Museum: This quirky museum is dedicated to the history of footwear from around the world. You’ll be amazed at the variety of shoes on display, from ancient sandals to contemporary designer heels.
- Casa Loma Escape Series: If you’re looking for an adventure, try the Casa Loma Escape Series. It’s a fun and challenging way to explore the castle while solving puzzles and riddles.
Toronto offers an abundance of attractions and dining experiences that will leave you with lasting memories. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s cultural institutions, savoring diverse cuisines, or discovering hidden gems, Toronto has something for every traveler.