The way guests communicate can vary based on location, demographic and hotel amenities. Reaching them on a familiar channel can help build a bond with the client. This will strengthen loyalty, reduce customer churn and increase overall satisfaction. Recommendations in the hospitality space can make or break your business, which is why it is so important to have the opportunity to recover at-risk guests and leverage champion customers to promote your brand.
Bringing technology to the forefront of guest communications shows that you are a modern organization that is customer focused. This provides the opportunity to strengthen your brand and overall reputation among guests. It also helps take some of the manual work out of your processes, including inputting comment cards, reviewing data and making guest notes. Connecting your guest-facing technology to your back-of-house technology can create seamless workflows and increase the opportunities for automation.
Using in-room tablets makes it easy for customers to connect with the amenities including dining, spa, transportation and more. It provides a centralized concierge approach, that makes it easier for your hotel to manage the guest needs and expectations. This technology ensures that every guest, in every room, has the ability to have the access to the same experience, regardless of the technology they are travelling with and their techno-literacy. So whether you have international travellers or those who do not carry their own personal devices, you are able to ensure they have the same experience as other guests on property.
One key way to add additional value to in-room guest tablets is by offering real-time messaging capabilities. Using messaging communication in a hotel room tablet can provide guests with a convenient and efficient way to communicate with hotel staff and access information about their stay.
Let’s break down some of the potential benefits of using messaging communication in a hotel room tablet
- Instant communication: In today’s connected world, guests don’t want to have to wait to get a response to their question or request. Guests can use the in-room tablet to quickly send messages to hotel staff, to make requests or get answers to questions without having to wait on hold trying to reach someone on the phone or head down to the front desk in-person. This allows the guest to receive a concierge approach through technology. This also makes it easier for staff to stay connected to their guests, without having to manage a multitude of channels. Also, by using messaging through the in-room guest tablet, you’re able to report back on the conversations, provide summary and view insights about common themes.
- Personalization: The in-room tablet can allow guests to customize their stay by providing access to personalized recommendations for local attractions, restaurants, and events based on their interests and preferences. By better understanding your guests’s needs, you can increase loyalty, which will encourage repeat visits in the future. Everyone is always looking for more personalization in their customer experience. Having this opportunity to reach your customers in the comfort of their room, makes this a more efficient way to offer this experience.
- Convenience: Guests can use the in-room tablet to access information about the hotel’s amenities, hours of operation, and any special offers or promotions. This can help them make informed decisions about how to spend their time during their stay. They don’t have to leave the room, look up multiple pieces of information on their phone or computer; everything is available all in one place.
- Privacy: Messaging communication through the in-room tablet can provide guests with a level of privacy and discretion that may not be possible with traditional phone calls or face-to-face interactions with hotel staff. Being able to send messages without someone overhearing the conversation or having to leave your room, can bring an element of privacy that some guests would prefer. Just think of finding a recommendation for that romantic dinner, without your partner overhearing your call!
- Guest Recovery: While we always hope that every stay runs smoothly, we know it’s not always the case. Being able to recover guests in-the-moment will help reduce the chance that they have a negative experience and share that review online or with their network. Turning a challenging situation into a positive one, not only recovers that particular guest experience, but can help build loyalty in the long run.
Overall, using messaging communication in an in-room tablet can enhance the guest experience by providing a convenient and personalized way for guests to communicate with hotel staff and access information about their stay.
Using the Loop Inbox for messaging in the Volo in-room guest tablets, increases your opportunities to better communicate with your guests and drive a lasting long-term relationship.